Please note that this function is for manually entered properties and does not integrate directly with your IDX.
You can view all properties on your site by navigating to Site Management > Content > Properties
When you add a property to your site- including setting the properties listing status- the system automatically creates a content page for the listing. There are also special pages that can be used to highlight your properties:
- Active Properties: http://www.yourdomain.com/property-list.php
- Sold Properties: http://www.yourdomain.com/sold-property.php
- Property Search Page: http://www.yourdomain.com/property-search.php
Adding a Property
To add a property navigate to Site Management> Properties and select Add on the DakBar along the top
The minimum required option is:
- Page URL - this is the URL that the area will be accessed at on your website. All properties start with /property/
- Status: Active|Pending (show)|Pending (hide)|Sold (show)|Sold (hide)|Expired
- Active and Pending (show) properties appear on the property list page.
- Sold (show) properties show on the sold properties page. You cannot access their individual property pages on the front end if marked as sold.
- Sold (hide), Pending (hide), and Expired properties are not shown on your website.
- If sold is selected, you can set the sold price and date.
The additional options for each property include:
- Street Number
- Street Name
- State or Province, depending on localization
- Zip or Postal Code, depending on localizaton
- Property Type: house|condo|land
- Additional Property Types can be added, you can request these via our support system.
- If house or land is selected, you can select a neighborhood, if available
- If condo is selected, you can select a condo, if available, and set the Unit number.
- Geocode: Auto|Manual|None - this controls the map on the bottom of the page. Auto geocode will use the location data provided to map the property. Manual will allow you to use the map to plot your point. None hides the map entirely.
- Map: When manual is selected you can use the map to pinpoint where you'd like the map to display the property location.
This section allows you to set details about your property such as Price, Acreage, Bedrooms, Construction, etc. Additional fields include:
- Watermark Text: You can optionally place a watermark on your uploaded images. This text has a 15 character limit.
- Featured: If you are using a featured property viewer on your website, you can set the properties that appear by checking or unchecking this box.
- Any added custom property fields will appear at the bottom of this section
User & Form Notifications
- User: Select the user that this property is assigned to.
- Notify Assigned User: You can opt to notify the assigned user if a request showing or more information form is filled out related to this property.
- Notify Form Manager: You can opt to notify the form manager if a request showing or more information form is filled out related to this property.
You can control the title tag and meta description for your property here.
- Update listing in RSS feed: This allows you to add or remove the property from your property RSS feed.
Property Description, Interior Features, Exterior Features
These WYSIWYG editors allow you to add descriptive text to your property.
At bottom of the edit page, there is an area where you can upload photos. These photos will create a photo viewer at the top of the property page. Photos can be dragged and dropped onto this area, or if you are not using a browser that supports drag and drop, clicking Upload a file will allow you to navigate to the photos. More information and tips about adding photos.
You can also add documents to the property. Just below the photo upload area, you'll find the document upload section. This will create a special document list in the property overview.
Editing a Property
To edit a property, navigate to Website Manager> Properties and click anywhere on the property you'd like to edit. Alternatively, you can also edit the property by clicking Edit Property on the DakBar (upper right) if you are logged into your DaknoAdmin and are on the property's page. Edit the property as needed.
The Page URL for a property can be updated. When renaming, a page will show asking you if you'd like to create a redirect. If it is an older, established page, we recommend accepting the redirect. This way visitors that have the old address (either through a search engine, or a direct link) can still find the page.