The Plugins Module allows you to quickly add external scripts for features like Analytics, Chat Boxes, and more. We provide 4 generic types of widgets to choose from as well as some specific widgets to allow you to drop in the appropriate script.
When plugins are added, they are turned off by default. Be sure to flip the switch to On after adding a plugin.
Types of Plugins
Generic Widget - Head
This plugin is for code that calls for it to be placed in the HEAD of your website. This includes:
- Scripts that call for being placed in the head.
- Meta Tags, typically used for verification purposes.
- Link tags, these are different than a tags - link tags are used for CSS and font links.
Once you've saved the widget, you can turn it on or off as needed.
Generic Widget - Body
This plugin is for code that calls for it to be placed at the bottom of your website just before the closing BODY tag. This option is for scripts that should be placed just before the closing BODY tag. Once you've saved the widget, you can turn it on or off as needed.
Generic Widget - Shortcode
This plugin type allows you to place content or scripts on one or multiple pages in a manageable way. Use this for:
- Content that needs to appear on multiple pages. This allows you to manage it in one place instead of 2 or more.
- Scripts that you want to use in your content but might be accidentally edited or deleted if it's in the WYSIWYG editor.
- Scripts you only want to use on one or a few pages rather than all like the Head or Body widgets provide.
The shortcode plugin provides a shortcode that looks like [plugin id="1234"]. Once you have added a plugin and turned it on, you will paste that code into your content wherever you'd like it to appear.
There are a few other speciality widgets that will automatically place your code in the correct location. These includes:
- Google Remarketing
- Lucky Orange
- Zopim Chat
- Chatty Agent
Settings Module Options and Google Conversion Tracking
In addition to what you can do in the Plugins Module, the Settings Module allows the ability to add Google Conversion Tracking. We encourage you to set up Conversion Tracking in the Settings Module as we ensure it tracks the correct items to make the most of your adwords campaign(s).