Google Places now requires an API as of June 2016. This affects the seller form feature that may be displayed on your website and there's just a couple steps that you will need to complete before the feature is live on your site.
Obtaining an API key
- You will need to get an API key from google, they provide these for free, as long as you have an account with them. Click the link below to start the process.
-> Get Your API Key
- Once there select the options shown in the image below, then click Agree and Continue.
- If there is an option to select a project, you can either use an existing project or create a new one.
- You will be taken to your API Manager page. You may have to click Credentials, underneath Overview, in order to see the same options as below.
- Enter a name based on user preference
- Replace *.example.com/* with your domain
for example: *.dakno.com/* would be where you would specify the API key domain. This example can only be used on dakno.com. If your site was realestateforeveryone.com, you would put *.realestateforeveryone.com/*
- Click Create
If you already have an API key on your account, you will need to create a new key.
If this is the case please click Credentials and select Create Credentials.
Then click API Key and select Browser Key. Then Follow the previous instructions to generate your API Key.
Using the API Key
- Copy your API key and log into your DaknoAdmin website.
- Go to the plugins section and add a "Generic Widget Head" pugin.
->More about plugins
- In the description box, name the plugin something like "Google API Key"
- In the plugin box enter the following, replacing the Insert API Key Here text with your API key. Be sure to quote it.
dakno_google_places_key = "Insert API Key Here"
Your plugin will look similar to the below screenshot. Once everything is entered, save and turn the plugin on.