GEPAR Sign-up Process
GEPAR has a specific process each new client must complete before adding an IDX search on their site. The instructions below detail this process.
Each Agent must fill out the paperwork and send the completed paperwork to Dakno by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 888-653-6026. Dakno will send the paperwork to GEPAR who will send the notification of approval to Dakno once everything is complete. Dakno will then activate the IDX feed.
GEPAR charges a $150 setup fee & $120 annual fee per IDX transaction directly to the Member.
Want to Learn More about Dakno Providing Your GEPAR IDX?
Interested in adding a search engine friendly IDX search to your website? Learn about GEPAR solutions provided by Dakno by visiting our GEPAR IDX page.
What are the GEPAR Compliance Requirements?
GEPAR requires that all IDX participants adhere to a specific set of rules and regulations. Below is an overview of these requirements. Don't worry, we're very familiar in compliance requirements and will help ensure your website meets these standards.
- Each Agent's website needs to include the agent’s and agency’s brand and contact information.
- The agent’s web site must link to his or her broker’s home page.
- The agent must co-brand his or her Agency so that branding is shared between Agent and Agency in every page of the site.
- Agents must have permission from Broker to subscribe to IDX.
- Each website must include the GEPAR MLS-approved icon and an explanation that those properties marked with the icon are provided courtesy of the GEPAR MLS. Internet Data Exchange Database must appear on the first page where any listing data is displayed.
- You must include an Explanation of Data Source disclosure: "The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the IDX Program of the Greater El Paso Association of REALTORS®. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than [insert your firm's name here] are marked with the IDX logo or the IDX thumbnail logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers."
- You must include an accuracy disclaimer indicating that data from other IDXs is "deemed reliable but not guaranteed."
- Your web site must display GEPAR MLS's copyright notice on any detailed listing data of another IDX. This notice must appear exactly as in one of these two options:
"Copyright nnnn the Greater El Paso Association of REALTORS®, MLS Inc. All rights reserved." [Where nnnn is the current year.]
"© nnnn the Greater El Paso Association of REALTORS®, MLS Inc. All rights reserved." [Where nnnn is the current year.] Note, you may not substitute a "c" in parentheses - "(c)" - for the copyright symbol - "©." If your web site cannot display the copyright symbol, you must use option A and spell out the word "Copyright."
- If showing less than the entire IDX database, it's wise to include the following: "[Your firm's name here] participates in the Greater El Paso Association of REALTORS® Multiple Listing Service, Inc. Internet Data Exchange program, allowing us to display other broker's listings on our site. However, [firm name] displays only [listings in El Paso County]|[only condominium listings] I[exceptional properties (with list prices above $500,000)]."
GEPAR Disclosures, Documents and Information
The following documents are simply for reference only.
Dakno Staff IDX Documentation (internal use only)