With the release of DaknoIDX 5.0 we have implemented the ability to create Map Searches.
Two key features of the new Map search are:
- The ability to draw multiple Polygons to define search areas
- The ability to draw multiple Radiuses to define search areas
Creating a Map Search
You can create a Map Search off an existing Site Search, or create one from a new search.
- To create a Map Search off a new search:
- Log into your DaknoAdmin account and go to your site's home page
- Start a search off your Quick Search, or click the Advanced Search link
- Once you have your Filters selected click search
- The search should default to Map View, it it loads in List View please select Map View in the top right corner of the page.
- Now you are in Map View you can select either the Polygon tool or the Radius tool
- The Polygon Tool symbol is:
- Once you click the Polygon Tool select your first point on the map
- Click to another point on the map and continue doing so until you end your last point on your starting point
- Once you finish your shape you can add another Polygon or Radius, or you can save the search
- The Radius Tool Symbol is:
- Once you click he Radius tool select a point on the map and click and hold the mouse button
- Drag the mouse outward from your starting point till you achieve a desirable distance
- Once you finish your Radius you can add another Polygon or Radius, or you can save the search
These tools are great for pinpointing specific areas of your searches to achieve the most accurate results. Sometimes the way data can be entered into MLS board can cause issues with listings appearing in areas they should not be. The Polygon and Radius tool easily resolves this issue and gives you great control over your searches.